Advantages and disadvantages of having one currency in all European countries.
Zita Kezienė (2000 m.); Pamokos planas; Anglų k.; Klasės: 12
Topic: Advantages and disadvantages of having one currency in all European countries.
I. Introduction: (3min.) We want to be rich and live in a rich country .How the euro will affect our economy?
II. Goal setting (5 min.):
1. To find information how the euro will guarantee price stability;
2. To answer the question: “Why should Britain be integrated in the euro area?”
III .Explanation (5 min.)
Pupils are given handouts with the speech of Domingo Solans “Parameters of the eurosystem’s monetary policy”, which has been copied from the internet http://europa.eu.int, dictionaries and guide questions:
1. What factor is closely connected with the rate of exchange?
2. What does “central banking independence” mean?
3. How do you understand “preparation of the markets”?
4. Which factor is the most significant for the currency to become international?
IV. Individual work:
Pupils read the text, look up the words they don’t know in the dictionaries and get ready with the answers to the questions.
V. Home task:
Pupils are asked to write a composition “ Is the European Union our rope of help?”
Pupils: 12th A